Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Me, the 'defendant'

In December, for the first time in my life I was issued a 'traffic infringement notice'. In an instance this brush with the law had tarnished my blemish-free (?!? well, officially) record. My sub-conscious mind was in denial as I ignored repeated official warnings to pay up. Now I have a court hearing scheduled and I am being referred to as 'the defendant'. ! . I felt quite indignant at this so once again delayed fronting up. Realising the fine was quickly escalating, I fronted up this morning with my sob-story. The Registrar wasn't that interested in all my excuses, but I finally won him over (amazing what a smile and simpering words can achieve). But such was the impact of being referred to as a 'defendant' I took a photo of this traumatic occasion. So here, in all it's glory, is the Taihape District Court.

A few overseas friends have asked me what Taihape looks like - I took a photo of the main street this afternoon.

nb: In case you are wondering, I got the fine for having an unwarranted trailer. Borrowed Dad's trailer to move house without checking the WOF. The story constructed to get off the fine is far more elaborate and flowery of course.

1 comment:

  1. our Feilding associations that got you off? Just pure charm?

    ReplyDelete