Wednesday, 25 April 2007

Telling Taihape

At the end of staff meeting on Monday morning:
Leif: "Just want to share the fantastic news that Rach and I decided to get married..."
Staff: "ouh, ahhh, congratulations! etc etc"
Leif: "... so we got married on Friday"
Staff: "!!!!"

A great way to start the term! Wonderful having all the congratulations from all the kids too. Although three of the more notorious Year 10s had recently decided that they were going to be my bridesmaids so I copped a bit of flak from them.

Kids are pretty flexible: immediately they adjusted to "Miss Hansen" - whilst I am having a bit of an identity crisis! ; ) Each time I hear "Miss Hansen" I want to say to them: "AHHHHH, that is me!!! that is my name now!! - how can you possibly utter it so nonchalantly?!". (I have explained to them I am Miss Hansen - 'Mrs' sounds way too grown-up). I am sure by next week I will be much cooler about it. Although I am enjoying saying "my husband" as many times as possible each day.

2 comments:

  1. Finally I've looked at your blog. A fine effort! Did you tell your loving parents and siblings you were getting married?
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm. MISS Hansen, I am sure I spied MRS Hansen on your leading though communication blog! haha Saying Husband & Wife is cool eh! Sounds really grown up too.

    ReplyDelete